Monday, August 27, 2012

Just Because Day

Isn't it fun to be able to do something just because you want to do it.  There is some wisdom that must be followed here.  Not every whimsy is going to have a positive outcome or is a risk worth taking.  That said, I really wanted to embrace today.  I found it difficult to let my mind wander that direction with all of the regular life things that must be done, even though my whimsy was originally to blow it all off.  I did manage to get a few "in the moment" things to creep in to the mundane normal day.
I bought myself a dozen roses...just because I wanted some.
I bought a new game to play...just because it looked fun (and we played it today).
I bought movie theatre style candy...just because I like that little nicety (yum yum).

I wanted to get everyone a balloon bouquet, with the main balloon saying, "Woo! Hoo!"  That didn't work out because they were out of helium.  It was in the evening, and I didn't feel like driving around just to find a light-weight gas.  I was going to put one in J's car while he was at work, and the rest in the house in the bedrooms.  Oh, well!  At least I tried.  I told them about it, and that counts, too!

Sometimes you have to just make a decision to do something to enjoy a moment.  Some of those moments bring joy into a day for you or someone else.  And we know we can all use that from time to time.  The next time you feel like walking backwards, wearing mismatched socks, singing out loud, or eating breakfast for dinner...you just go right ahead.  If you have teenagers...their embarrassment will make it all the more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your day or idea here.