Monday, September 10, 2012

National Swap Ideas Day

One of my favorite things is Pinterest.  Yes it takes up time in my day...time I probably don't have and shouldn't give up, but it is a wonderfully relaxing "time out" for me that allows me explore and organize my creative side as well as ideas for anything I'd like to do or have access to down the road.  For a person with ADD... this tool is soooooo much better than piles of papers full of ideas cluttering my house (something my dear husband appreciates as well).  Another plus...I know right where they are.

Right now we are remodeling, so I love being able to go and look for ideas already there, and post the ones I like from the web so I don't have to go and find them again.  It's like shopping in one spot.  My husband can then view my brilliant ideas.  He's a visual and doesn't do well with verbal explanation complete with hand motions of any concept concerning decor or the like.  Pinterest may have saved my marriage from a lot of frustration and misunderstanding.  See, it's awesome in many ways.

Then there's the pride factor....refer to my post here (Pride post)  on my pride weakness.  I do get a rush when I see that people like my pins, or love all of them so much they choose to follow me.  I know, I know...I should not care.  I'm working on it.  It's like a stamp of "good taste" approval, and when you are a mom...sometimes you feel like you are living in a drought of approval.  Even with a few sprinkles of approval you slurp it all up.

Today, I chose to find ideas for subway art and words of wisdom and inspiration.  In fact, those are the titles of my boards.  They are such cleverly or beautifully displayed words that lift and inspire or make you giggle.  We can all use that throughout every day.  (Subway Art and Words of Wisdom)

On a lighter note, I found a really funny make fun of yourself YouTube clip a while back from one of my favorite annual events, Time Out For Women.  It features the fabulous bloggers from "Our Best Bites," Sara Wells and Kate Jones.  It pokes fun at Pinterest; makes you laugh at yourself, in fact.  I hope you enjoy it.  TOFW link

How will you share your ideas?  How do you find your ideas?  Do you try to get ideas?  Stop staring at that wall.  Get inspired, complete a project, dream.... then share those with someone else so they can do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your day or idea here.