Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Talk Like a Pirate Day

I was really excited for today. J was most excited long before today came, and then spent the day speaking as if he was from Scotland.  Go figure!  I cannot do accents...a talent my kids have.  I have a neighbor that looks like a pirate.  He has long, stringy, salt and pepper hair that he pulls back into a pony tail.  To top it off he also has a pet parrot that he walks around with on his shoulder.  He just needs the costume.

Having never been a pirate, I do not speak their language.  Despite my neighbor's appearance, he too, does not speak pirate.  I found this website with a little of their lingo. Pirate Lingo link

Here we go:

Ahoy, me hearties!  Yo Ho Ho and avast ye.  This here landlubber lass reports everything is shipshape, so let's ye and I weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen!  Get out there and heave ho and find your booty!  Savvy?

That's my stint and being a pirate.  No, no, please sit down.  I don't need the standing ovation.  Have fun talking like a pirate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your day or idea here.