Monday, August 13, 2012

National Filet Mignon Day

Well, there is nary a man around (except a vegetarian or vegan) that doesn't want to celebrate today, and I'm sure several women would like to be included.  My husband and boys did not fight me the least little bit at having Filet Mignon.

It wasn't cheap in the least, but it was delicious....so they told me.  (Cue the tears and sobs)  I am still recovering from my unhappy tummy bug.  I had "lightly seasoned" rice and potatoes while watching them devour the juicy, and perfectly seasoned, morsels of goodness, bite by bite.  We happen to have had the missionaries over for dinner, who were excited to get something totally out of their ability to eat right now.  We offered to let them take home the last two slabs of scrumptiousness.  One said, "We won't turn you down."  Smart young man!  It was bittersweet to let them go.  Part of me was relieved to see what I was missing removed from my sight.  The other part was holding on to the sliver of hope that tomorrow, just maybe, I could slide a knife through the tender cut of meat and savour the juiciness and flavor in my own mouth.  Just a dream.  Off it went, to two individuals who will very much appreciate it as they eat them.

On a different odd note, it is also National Lefthanders Day.  Here's a list of some Lefthandeders (some call them southpaws):

Leonardo da Vinci
Babe Ruth
Barack Obama
Bill Clinton
George H.W. Bush
Ronald Reagan
Ringo Star
Paul McCartney
Whoopi Goldberg
Nicole Kidman
Oprah Winfrey
Jerry Seinfeld
Julia Roberts
and a WHOLE LOT MORE!

I was surprised at how many more Presidents of the United States were left handed.

So, I salute all the people who write crooked and have to have special scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your day or idea here.