Monday, August 6, 2012

National Root Beer Float Day

August 6th

Who wouldn't like a root beer float?!  It should be right up there with baseball and Mom's apple pie.  The first day of my year of celebrating something every day certainly has a super yummy start.  I'm not complaining...and neither was anyone in my family (which is one of the best parts).

On Mondays (or another day if Monday doesn't work) my family has what's called Family Home Evening.  It's a chance to spend time together learning or studying something (usually a churchy topic or a skill), and sometimes we include a really fun activity, or do just that.  We do it as a family, and it is an important part of our week.  And we ALWAYS have a treat at the end.  The fact that it was National Root Beer Float Day made that choice rather easy.

After our learning moment...a little longer than a moment...we all hopped in the car.  I'm pretty sure my boys were more excited about this part that the learning portion.  Off to Sonic!  Regular root beer floats or blended root beer floats?  What a tough decision!  BLENDED!  We got the big giant size, too!  I guess I'll work that off tomorrow in the gym.  It was super duper good (please excuse the drift back to the past there).  The creamy ice cream mixed with the vanilla-ee (is that a word) rootbeer was sweet heaven in my mouth.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures.  Since I'm just starting this project I haven't gotten all the processes worked out.  Just imagine a mom, a dad, and two teenage boys happily holding very large Sonic cups and smiling ear to ear for the camera.

Tomorrow is Happiness Happens Day.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your day or idea here.