Friday, August 10, 2012

Lazy Summer Day

August 10th

Today is National Lazy Day and National S'mores Day.  I was more than just super excited about today.  Permission to be lazy and eat a s'more...who wouldn't want that.  Today was also my anniversary, so being lazy equated to having F-U-N.  Combining the two events was a great coincidence.

First, I slept in.  I didn't even pack until just before we needed to leave for our first activity...racing top of the line sport cars.  I raced a Lamborghini LP550.  My husband raced a Ferrari F430.  Our boys (yes, we took them along for this part) did a ride along with professional race car drivers.  They rode in a Porsche 997/911 Turbo and an Audi R8.  They certainly had a blast.  Can't say that I didn't love my little jaunt at speed either.  That power is quite intoxicating.

G- Ferrari F430

Me- Lamborghini LP550









J- Audi R8

P- Porsche 997/911 Turbo












We separated from the boys at that point and went on to our hotel.  We booked a 5 star hotel (first ever-except for the one in Singapore that the company put G in).  We had booked a suite, but when we got there they were....unfortunately...all taken, so they upgraded us.  Darn!  They upgraded us to a penthouse suite.  Surprise!  We stayed in the Dorchester Suite, two stories of opulence from days past.  The shower alone was bigger than most people's closets.  Talk about luck for a lazy day!

We changed and went to our favorite French restaurant, Bistro Provence.  We made sure we had the Crème Brûlée....so divinely delicious there.  From there we went to see a play in the Theatre District....C.S. Lewis's The Screwtape Letters.
Tomorrow we have shopping plans, but....halfway through the play... a different lazy day set in.  Whatever I ate (which was the same thing my husband had) sure didn't agree with me.  I then spent the rest of the evening curled into a little ball on the bed between runs to the bathroom.  Needless to say....we didn't have s'mores.  SO VERY SAD.

The beautiful bed I curled
up in at the hotel.

The day didn't end the way I had planned, but it did end with me knowing how much my husband loves me.  That was more priceless than anything else that we might have already spent our time enjoying or missed out doing.  My lazy day had a silver lining around its cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your day or idea here.