Sunday, August 12, 2012

National Middle Child Day

My son is getting the benefit of today, Middle Child Day....our middle child is J.  However, to follow suit...this day is largely ignored (my husband's funny joke).  We teased our son, and asked him what he wanted for a special dessert for today so we knew what to forget to make.  Now, I have four kids, but my second is the only girl.  She was kind of separated by that fact, making my middle son, the stereotypical middle child.

Today, while playing a game of chess, he was beating my husband, and I quickly asked my husband out loud, "Are you letting him win?  It's Middle Child Day."  My son, while laughing, I think secretly didn't like that, because he very adamantly defended his chess playing ability.
Jordan is the white pieces.  He did win eventually.
Since I'm still under the weather, today won't be as exciting as I probably would have made it for him.  Sorry, honey!

My husband's sister and her family came over for dinner.  Jordan was given the honor of the "Star of the Day" plate.  Of course, he had to set the table, but didn't seem to mind when I suggested he put that plate out for himself.  We are having milkshakes later (well, everyone but me...stupid stomach bug).  His choice for dessert...maybe we'll pretend that we forgot.  Aren't we cruel.


To honor my son on this wondrous day:

He's one awesome young man.  He is very diligent to the things in his life that are important to him.  He is one of the top students in the nation (yes...I AM BRAGGING!).  He is faithful to his Heavenly Father (MOST important of all).  He is a gentleman (most of the time...he is a male...sorry, men).  He is a phenomenal artist (went to State last year...yes, BRAGGING AGAIN!).  He had the most adorable giggle when he was little.  He always got the hiccups if you got him laughing hard enough.  He used to say, "Stop making me laugh!  I'm gonna get the hiccups."  He got the hiccups ALL THE TIME when I was pregnant with him.  My stomach would get a rhythmic jolt for a good 5 minutes or more.  I can still make him smile almost whenever I want (bugs him to death).  He's a great scout, serves those around him, loves his country, loves his family (protective-like), and is loved by those in his life.  He is very quick-witted.  His intellect is so amazing to behold.  He can hold his own with most adults in a conversation because he doesn't just have the information in his head, he understands it.  He works hard (except when he really wants to be lazy).  He was a decent swimmer and wrestler, but decided to focus on school to get a scholarship.  He's not sure what he wants to do when he grows up.  He graduates this school year, so that will come.  He's just purely wonderful.  I love him...can you tell!

So, Happy Middle Child Day, J!  You deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Even though technically I should get the same treatment ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share your day or idea here.